We are one of the few guide services that has a fishing package specializing in the “the poor man’s bonefish” AKA the humble Carp. Casting flies and small artificial lures to Carp has become one of our favorite personal past times and is also becoming one of our top day trip options. If you want to see your backing or see the line peel of your reel then this is a trip worth going on, we fish for these golden ghosts in two of the nearby large reservoirs where the carp come onto the shallows to root for food in relatively clear water, this makes for challenging yet exiting fishing as you make your cast, see the fish turn on your fly or lure and have all hell break loose when it does suck it in and you set the hook.
What makes this trip worthwhile it is the fact that it is more suited to a half day trip and the most productive session we have is in the early morning, but if you are a serious “Carper” or want to continue fishing for some of the other species in the dam while waiting for the afternoon bite to come on we can cater to your needs.
PEAK SEASON: SEPTEMBER – APRIL
GUIDED FISHING: R850.00 PER PERSON (MIN 2 ANGLERS)
- Transport to and from the dam from prearranged meeting place (or meet and greet at designated location at the dam)
- Breakfast Pack or Midday Meal and Refreshments (Soft-Drinks and Water)
- Flies and Terminal Tackle (Leaders and Tippet)
- Artificial Lures for carp i.e. Lead Heads and Suitable Curly tails
- Accommodation (Can be arranged additionally)
- Alcoholic beverages